Your shopping cart is empty!
Some information about Avo Uvezian
• Avo Uvezian(1926-2017) is a symbol of jazz music and of premium handmade cigars. He was born in a musical family in Lebanon and from a young age he developed his talent on piano and jazz music.
• In 1947 he arrived in New York where he performed with a lot of musical bands while continuing his studies on classical piano. Later he went to Puerto Rico where he was occupied with buying jewelry but in 1974 music dragged him back and started playing his favorite instrument again.
• During that period he made a critical decision: people didn't come only to listen to music but also to enjoy their cigar. Avo started buying some local cigars to put on his piano for whoever wanted to smoke.
• The constant search for the best cigars brought Avo to the Dominican Republic where he met with Davidoff's Master Blender, Henke Kelner. In 1987 the first Avo cigars where created in the USA.
• In 1995 Davidoff bought the distribution rights of the brand and in 10 years Avo saw his cigars rise from 5.000 to 3.2 million.